Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flu Bug Stay AWAY PLEASE

"Flu Season" is officially upon us and I am so worried that our house will get it. I pray that we don't get it here at our house but it seems to be bad in Greenwood the town where we live. There have been so many kids out of school and keep going home each day with it and we are lucky this far that Skylar hasn't gotten it. This is the first year I didn't get Skylar a flu shot and I have heard a lot of the parents say they did get them the shot and they still got it. I am so sad for these kids it is no fun having the flu.


As you all know the symptoms for this flu are usually a high fever (above 101), sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, body aches, chills, fatigue. With this flu folks are also reporting vomiting and/or diarrhea.

Yes a nasty bug isn’t it? I have told Skylar how NOT to catch it. Take these everyday steps to protect your health: Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners* are also effective. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
Try to avoid close contact with sick people. Also I have her get in the shower as soon as she gets home from school and we wash her clothes. I do not want it at our house.


I am so ready for bright sunshine, warm weather, days I hear summer calling my name with warm beaches awe the sounds of summer.

No comments:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones