My oh my have I been wanting to try something new for my family to eat and I ran across this delightful dish and it is Cap'n Crunch Coated Chicken Fingers. They were to. die. for.
I decided the other night,that they should be more of an appetizer seeing how we were having some of our close friends over for dinner so these were an appetizer rather than a main dish. But they were delicious nonetheless!
You'll need to grab yourself some chicken breasts, cover them with saran wrap and pound the heck out of them, so they're not so fat:
Then cut them into strips:
Grab a box (yup, the whole thing!) of Cap'n Crunch cereal...
And throw it in a food processor to turn it into crumbs. Little crumbs. Teeny Tiny crumbs.

The three things above are flour, eggs (beaten) and Cap'n crumbs.
You're gonna wanna dip in flour, then egg, then crumbs. I did flour, egg, flour, crumbs...but I think the second flour dip was a bit too much. Too floury, if you'd believe that.
So...coat, coat, coat...then get a big ol' pan of oil all hot and bubbly and begin to fry
Make sure you coat all the strips then place them in the pan.
Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 box Cap'n Crunch, food processed to fine crumbs
2-3 eggs, beaten
1-2 c. flour, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
Lot's of oil (enough to cover strips in oil to fry in pan--heat oil on medium to medium high about half way through coating strips)
Coat chicken strips in flour, then egg, then cereal crumbs. WAIT UNTIL ALL STRIPS ARE COATED, then fry in batches in hot oil (keep children out of kitchen!!) until golden brown. Remove fried strips to paper towel lined cookie sheet and keep warm.
Serve with your favorite sides...or (better yet!) serve as a delicious appetizer!
No comments:
Post a Comment