Monday, September 6, 2010

Recipe Time

Taco Salad Dip

Today, my friends...I'm gonna let you in on a secret...

I'm gonna let you in on how to make the best dip

Taco Salad Dip:



Okay...to get started, grab this:



Then (making sure the cream cheese is nice and soft), toss it all together:



Next, cut up a lovely green pepper, and her cute little side-kick...the Roma tomato.



Okay, so first, cut the Roma into slices



Spread the cream cheese mixture onto a large platter, sprinkle with lettuce, then green pepper and tomato, and finally, shredded cheese!

If you veer from aforementioned toppings, I will NOT be held responsible for the outcome of your dip (although, if it's delicious, then I will...). What I have found is that (I love black olives) the above toppings are perfection with or with out black olives that I was out of.

Complete palatable perfection



Taco Salad Dip:

1 brick cream cheese, softened
1 c. sour cream
1 package taco seasoning (I use "hot"...it gives just the right amount of heat to the dip)
1/2 jar (smallish jar) Pace picante (it's gotta be Pace...no "Thick and Chunky", either!!)
1 green pepper
2 Roma tomatoes
1 bag shredded lettuce
1 cup. shredded "Mexican Cheese" (it is imperative that you find the shredded cheese with "pepper jack" in the mix. Imperative.)

Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, and salsa. Spread on a large platter. Top with lettuce, green pepper, tomatoes and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones