Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nothing Like The Taste Of Snow Ice Cream!

When God blesses you with 5 more inches of fresh snow in your yard you naturally enjoy looking at it for awhile, but then you really need to take dominion. One usually takes dominion by shoveling and placing the snow in a place where it doesn't make life difficult.And a better way to take dominion is to eat the snow!!!(Snow Ice Cream) Delicious! If the weather has brought you snow this week, make some snow ice cream!



SNOW ICE CREAM

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
6-7 cups of packed fresh snow

Mix all except snow with an electric mixer. Add snow, blend. Serve immediately. I'm not sure how this holds up if frozen.



Here is another way to make snow ice cream 1 small can Milnot (evaporated milk)
dash of salt
1 egg, beaten (optional)
1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 gallon clean snow

Mix all together and enjoy.


Do you make snow ice cream when the white stuff comes your way? If so, what's in your recipe?

4 comments:

Ali said...

We got 3 inches and made snow ice cream today--yum! I use a recipe similar to yours minus the eggs and salt:)

Heather said...

Wow, never heard of an ice cream recipe with snow in it...how cool?! Of course, not advisable in a place like Brooklyn where the snow gets dirty as soon as it touches the ground. :) If I were still living in NH I would definitely try this though.

SheWolf said...

We had some the other night too!
24 cups snow
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

YUMMY!!

Sherrilleta said...

I'm so jealous! I haven't had snow ice cream in years! In fact, I'm positive Texans have never even heard of the delicacy!
SIGHHHHHH.....



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones