Thursday, April 30, 2009
Loving Me Some Jalapeno Cornbread
This is a must try or you just might be missing out!!
Jalapeño Cornbread
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 minced jalapeño chiles, with seeds
3/4 cup corn kernels (canned or frozen)
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs (or if lacking eggs, 6 tbsp mayo)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
Preheat oven to 350degF.
Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in large bowl to blend.
Stir in jalapeño chiles and corn.
Whisk buttermilk and eggs in other bowl to blend, then add in the melted butter. Whisk/stir.
Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir just until blended (do not overmix).
Transfer batter to oiled/sprayed pan.
Bake cornbread until lightly browned on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Notes: I used a 13×9x2 but I doubt it matters. The corn is optional. The reason I liked this one so much was because it was actually moist cornbread. (Usually our cornbreads turn out with dryer consistencies.)
Jalapeño Cornbread
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 minced jalapeño chiles, with seeds
3/4 cup corn kernels (canned or frozen)
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs (or if lacking eggs, 6 tbsp mayo)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
Preheat oven to 350degF.
Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in large bowl to blend.
Stir in jalapeño chiles and corn.
Whisk buttermilk and eggs in other bowl to blend, then add in the melted butter. Whisk/stir.
Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir just until blended (do not overmix).
Transfer batter to oiled/sprayed pan.
Bake cornbread until lightly browned on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Notes: I used a 13×9x2 but I doubt it matters. The corn is optional. The reason I liked this one so much was because it was actually moist cornbread. (Usually our cornbreads turn out with dryer consistencies.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment