Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Happy Happy Day!

I have been wanting to write about this since the day it happened but just wasn't sure what to say. As many of you know that are followers of my blog my husband has a son my step son that is 19 Tyler Jacob Bullington who we haven't seen since he was 6 years old. Anyway on July 7, 2012 we got to see him again after 12 years. Here is what happened a few days before I got Tyler's number and I called him and said this is your step mom and I would like to see if since your 18 now and can make decisions for yourself would you like to have a relationship with your little sister & your younger brother and your dad and I. He said yes so I asked him if he would like to come over to our house and see everyone, I also told him that he could bring anyone he wanted to like his gf a friend anyone so that he would be comfortable while he was here and it wouldnt be weird for him and I also told him that is anytime he felt weird or uncomfortable he could leave with out us asking questions I told him to think about it and I would call him back the next day he said ok. I hung up the phone and cried tears of joy and was so excited about what the future would hold with him being able to make his own choice and decide if he wanted to have a relationship with us or not. I wanted to tell the kids but wasnt sure just yet what he would say so I held off until I knew for sure. And when I called the next day he said yes he was coming he couldn't wait to come and see all of us. When he got here Skylar ran to the door and couldn't wait for them to rid the door bell or knock she opened the door and gave him a big hug he was a little stand offish but that was to be expected. Tyler brought his girl friend at the time Lexi and we all just fell in love with her. She told me that he was so nerves that they drove around the neighborhood at least 6 or 7 times until he thought that I seen him which wasn't even me the lady across the street was outside and he didn't know if that was our house or not his girl friend said it is on the other side of the street LOL. Anyway it was a very happy day on July 7th 2012 for the Bullington Family we are now complete. I could go on and on about how happy we are and how we have looked forward to this day for many years and wondered if it would ever happen. Here are a few pictures from when he was little to now.

No comments:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones