It is one of those things you don't think you will ever see coming. As most of you know Kent is my step~son but I think of him as my very own. We'll it was our weekend with him this weekend and he had to go home Sunday at 5:00p.m. so David took him while I took my friend Mandy to see her son in the town we live in and then we came back home had dinner and played some cards with a few of our other friends who were over. Well everyone went home and Mandy was going to have to get up early the next day and catch a bus back home where she lives so she asked me if I would color her hair for her so I did and then we all went to bed seeing how we had work the next day and school. Oops sorry to get off the subject at hand a little bit but back to it @ 1:30 a.m. my phone started ringing and then stopped then a few seconds later it rang again and stopped I rolled over and looked at the clock and it said 1:30 a.m. and I said to David is that your phone or mine and he said it is yours mine isn't on. So I looked at it and it said Kent and I said David something is wrong Kent is calling so I called him back and he said hey can you come get me and I said what is the matter come get you from where he said we got stopped. I said stopped on what he said the police stopped us for curfew I said who are you with? Are you OK where are you he said he was with his friend Allen and he was OK and Allen's mom let them go walking to get something to eat and he was spending the night with Allen and he told me where he was and he said that he had to have his parents pick him up and I said OK I am on my way. He said to me he tried to call his mom 2 times and she didn't answer and for me not to tell her and not to let dad get to mad at him. So I woke up David and said we have to go get Kent he said began to ask me all kinds of questions so I was trying to fill him in. I am glad Kent and I have the relationship that we do as (step) mother and son but I also want him to know he has to tell the truth to his mom about things like this when they happen. Cause you see it isn't like he is a drunk or on drugs or a bad kid cause KENT IS A GREAT KID AND HE DOES NOT EVER GET IN TROUBLE and when this happened it blew me away cause of how sweet of a kid Kent is and how well behaved he is and has always been. Anyway we have a few friends who are police offices in F'S where Kent was stopped at and I called one of them and asked him if he could call the officer/officers that had them stopped and let them know we were on the way but it would take us a little while seeing how we were coming from the next town over. And he said yes he said he would let them know that Kent is a good kid and we would be there with in 15 min or so. Anyway once we got there to get him the officer that stopped them had called out a SGT seeing how the boys were 13 they could have taken them to Juvenile Detention Center if they wanted to. I think Kent was scared to death. And his Daddy talked to him and let him know that WAS NOT OK to be out walking that late at night when your at our house or his moms house or a friends house just because your hungry and another thing if the mom was awake and said it was OK them why didn't she just drive them to the place to get something to eat. Seeing how it wasn't our time to have Kent and his mom wasn't answering the phone and she had already said Kent was to stay the night with this Allen kid David took Kent back to Allen's house and talked to that kids mom. We only get Kent every other weekend and on Wednesday's so there wasn't much we could do seeing how we couldn't get intouch with Kent's mom but to let him go back where he was cause you see if we would have taken him home with us we would have got in trouble for some craziness like kidnapping seeing how it wasn't our time to have him not talking mean or ugly about his mom just didn't want to deal with DRAMA on that end it was already a crazy night!! I have to say this KENT IS A GREAT KID WHO NEVER GET'S INTO ANY TROUBLE and I am glad he called me cause I wouldn't want him to be sitting in jail. All in all he is gonna learn his lesson 100% cause we tried to get a hold of his mom with no luck until about 7:45 today and then I get a text message from Kent saying. Hey y did you call my mom last night at like 2:00 a.m. There freaking out. I sent back what are you talking about your dad did Call me where are you? He sent back home!! So he called me!! I told him he had to be honest and he needs to tell his mom the truth he didn't need to hide this from her. I said what would she do if something bad had happened to you just cause you two boys were walking together someone could have pointed a gum at you mad you get in his or her car they could have taken you and we would have never seen you again. I said think about that we would have all been so upset! So you must tell her the truth I said to him why is she freaking out that we called her you must have not told her really what happened. He said I am scared to tell her you and my dad understand things easier and she is gonna be so MAD. What I didn't know until I talked to his mom this morning after talking to Kent was he told her he called us cause he couldn't get ahold of her and he told her that he called us and asked her if we would bring him something to eat! OMG just tell her the TRUTH Kent it is going to come out like I told him what if Allen's mom says something to your mom or what if she finds out we didn't tell her do you want your mom mad at your dad for not saying anything. And what if the Cops call to check up on you and Allen all in all you just need to tell your mom what really happened. I told David I didn't want him not to want to tell us anything anymore but I think she deserves to know. So what kind of punishment would you give anyone? I should have taken a picture of the two of them standing out there with the cops but I was just glad Kent was on and nothing BAD happened to him and his friend.
Monday, February 21, 2011
One WILD SUNDAY INTO MONDAY!
So on Saturday night David & I went out to eat with some friends and our kids to eat and to the mall and yes you guessed it to the movies to see this movie JUST GO WITH IT. It was such a great movie we laughed so hard and I LOVED the ending! If you haven't seen this movie it is a must go see. I can't wait until it comes out I want to buy it! We also had a few other things happen this weekend as well.
It is one of those things you don't think you will ever see coming. As most of you know Kent is my step~son but I think of him as my very own. We'll it was our weekend with him this weekend and he had to go home Sunday at 5:00p.m. so David took him while I took my friend Mandy to see her son in the town we live in and then we came back home had dinner and played some cards with a few of our other friends who were over. Well everyone went home and Mandy was going to have to get up early the next day and catch a bus back home where she lives so she asked me if I would color her hair for her so I did and then we all went to bed seeing how we had work the next day and school. Oops sorry to get off the subject at hand a little bit but back to it @ 1:30 a.m. my phone started ringing and then stopped then a few seconds later it rang again and stopped I rolled over and looked at the clock and it said 1:30 a.m. and I said to David is that your phone or mine and he said it is yours mine isn't on. So I looked at it and it said Kent and I said David something is wrong Kent is calling so I called him back and he said hey can you come get me and I said what is the matter come get you from where he said we got stopped. I said stopped on what he said the police stopped us for curfew I said who are you with? Are you OK where are you he said he was with his friend Allen and he was OK and Allen's mom let them go walking to get something to eat and he was spending the night with Allen and he told me where he was and he said that he had to have his parents pick him up and I said OK I am on my way. He said to me he tried to call his mom 2 times and she didn't answer and for me not to tell her and not to let dad get to mad at him. So I woke up David and said we have to go get Kent he said began to ask me all kinds of questions so I was trying to fill him in. I am glad Kent and I have the relationship that we do as (step) mother and son but I also want him to know he has to tell the truth to his mom about things like this when they happen. Cause you see it isn't like he is a drunk or on drugs or a bad kid cause KENT IS A GREAT KID AND HE DOES NOT EVER GET IN TROUBLE and when this happened it blew me away cause of how sweet of a kid Kent is and how well behaved he is and has always been. Anyway we have a few friends who are police offices in F'S where Kent was stopped at and I called one of them and asked him if he could call the officer/officers that had them stopped and let them know we were on the way but it would take us a little while seeing how we were coming from the next town over. And he said yes he said he would let them know that Kent is a good kid and we would be there with in 15 min or so. Anyway once we got there to get him the officer that stopped them had called out a SGT seeing how the boys were 13 they could have taken them to Juvenile Detention Center if they wanted to. I think Kent was scared to death. And his Daddy talked to him and let him know that WAS NOT OK to be out walking that late at night when your at our house or his moms house or a friends house just because your hungry and another thing if the mom was awake and said it was OK them why didn't she just drive them to the place to get something to eat. Seeing how it wasn't our time to have Kent and his mom wasn't answering the phone and she had already said Kent was to stay the night with this Allen kid David took Kent back to Allen's house and talked to that kids mom. We only get Kent every other weekend and on Wednesday's so there wasn't much we could do seeing how we couldn't get intouch with Kent's mom but to let him go back where he was cause you see if we would have taken him home with us we would have got in trouble for some craziness like kidnapping seeing how it wasn't our time to have him not talking mean or ugly about his mom just didn't want to deal with DRAMA on that end it was already a crazy night!! I have to say this KENT IS A GREAT KID WHO NEVER GET'S INTO ANY TROUBLE and I am glad he called me cause I wouldn't want him to be sitting in jail. All in all he is gonna learn his lesson 100% cause we tried to get a hold of his mom with no luck until about 7:45 today and then I get a text message from Kent saying. Hey y did you call my mom last night at like 2:00 a.m. There freaking out. I sent back what are you talking about your dad did Call me where are you? He sent back home!! So he called me!! I told him he had to be honest and he needs to tell his mom the truth he didn't need to hide this from her. I said what would she do if something bad had happened to you just cause you two boys were walking together someone could have pointed a gum at you mad you get in his or her car they could have taken you and we would have never seen you again. I said think about that we would have all been so upset! So you must tell her the truth I said to him why is she freaking out that we called her you must have not told her really what happened. He said I am scared to tell her you and my dad understand things easier and she is gonna be so MAD. What I didn't know until I talked to his mom this morning after talking to Kent was he told her he called us cause he couldn't get ahold of her and he told her that he called us and asked her if we would bring him something to eat! OMG just tell her the TRUTH Kent it is going to come out like I told him what if Allen's mom says something to your mom or what if she finds out we didn't tell her do you want your mom mad at your dad for not saying anything. And what if the Cops call to check up on you and Allen all in all you just need to tell your mom what really happened. I told David I didn't want him not to want to tell us anything anymore but I think she deserves to know. So what kind of punishment would you give anyone? I should have taken a picture of the two of them standing out there with the cops but I was just glad Kent was on and nothing BAD happened to him and his friend.
It is one of those things you don't think you will ever see coming. As most of you know Kent is my step~son but I think of him as my very own. We'll it was our weekend with him this weekend and he had to go home Sunday at 5:00p.m. so David took him while I took my friend Mandy to see her son in the town we live in and then we came back home had dinner and played some cards with a few of our other friends who were over. Well everyone went home and Mandy was going to have to get up early the next day and catch a bus back home where she lives so she asked me if I would color her hair for her so I did and then we all went to bed seeing how we had work the next day and school. Oops sorry to get off the subject at hand a little bit but back to it @ 1:30 a.m. my phone started ringing and then stopped then a few seconds later it rang again and stopped I rolled over and looked at the clock and it said 1:30 a.m. and I said to David is that your phone or mine and he said it is yours mine isn't on. So I looked at it and it said Kent and I said David something is wrong Kent is calling so I called him back and he said hey can you come get me and I said what is the matter come get you from where he said we got stopped. I said stopped on what he said the police stopped us for curfew I said who are you with? Are you OK where are you he said he was with his friend Allen and he was OK and Allen's mom let them go walking to get something to eat and he was spending the night with Allen and he told me where he was and he said that he had to have his parents pick him up and I said OK I am on my way. He said to me he tried to call his mom 2 times and she didn't answer and for me not to tell her and not to let dad get to mad at him. So I woke up David and said we have to go get Kent he said began to ask me all kinds of questions so I was trying to fill him in. I am glad Kent and I have the relationship that we do as (step) mother and son but I also want him to know he has to tell the truth to his mom about things like this when they happen. Cause you see it isn't like he is a drunk or on drugs or a bad kid cause KENT IS A GREAT KID AND HE DOES NOT EVER GET IN TROUBLE and when this happened it blew me away cause of how sweet of a kid Kent is and how well behaved he is and has always been. Anyway we have a few friends who are police offices in F'S where Kent was stopped at and I called one of them and asked him if he could call the officer/officers that had them stopped and let them know we were on the way but it would take us a little while seeing how we were coming from the next town over. And he said yes he said he would let them know that Kent is a good kid and we would be there with in 15 min or so. Anyway once we got there to get him the officer that stopped them had called out a SGT seeing how the boys were 13 they could have taken them to Juvenile Detention Center if they wanted to. I think Kent was scared to death. And his Daddy talked to him and let him know that WAS NOT OK to be out walking that late at night when your at our house or his moms house or a friends house just because your hungry and another thing if the mom was awake and said it was OK them why didn't she just drive them to the place to get something to eat. Seeing how it wasn't our time to have Kent and his mom wasn't answering the phone and she had already said Kent was to stay the night with this Allen kid David took Kent back to Allen's house and talked to that kids mom. We only get Kent every other weekend and on Wednesday's so there wasn't much we could do seeing how we couldn't get intouch with Kent's mom but to let him go back where he was cause you see if we would have taken him home with us we would have got in trouble for some craziness like kidnapping seeing how it wasn't our time to have him not talking mean or ugly about his mom just didn't want to deal with DRAMA on that end it was already a crazy night!! I have to say this KENT IS A GREAT KID WHO NEVER GET'S INTO ANY TROUBLE and I am glad he called me cause I wouldn't want him to be sitting in jail. All in all he is gonna learn his lesson 100% cause we tried to get a hold of his mom with no luck until about 7:45 today and then I get a text message from Kent saying. Hey y did you call my mom last night at like 2:00 a.m. There freaking out. I sent back what are you talking about your dad did Call me where are you? He sent back home!! So he called me!! I told him he had to be honest and he needs to tell his mom the truth he didn't need to hide this from her. I said what would she do if something bad had happened to you just cause you two boys were walking together someone could have pointed a gum at you mad you get in his or her car they could have taken you and we would have never seen you again. I said think about that we would have all been so upset! So you must tell her the truth I said to him why is she freaking out that we called her you must have not told her really what happened. He said I am scared to tell her you and my dad understand things easier and she is gonna be so MAD. What I didn't know until I talked to his mom this morning after talking to Kent was he told her he called us cause he couldn't get ahold of her and he told her that he called us and asked her if we would bring him something to eat! OMG just tell her the TRUTH Kent it is going to come out like I told him what if Allen's mom says something to your mom or what if she finds out we didn't tell her do you want your mom mad at your dad for not saying anything. And what if the Cops call to check up on you and Allen all in all you just need to tell your mom what really happened. I told David I didn't want him not to want to tell us anything anymore but I think she deserves to know. So what kind of punishment would you give anyone? I should have taken a picture of the two of them standing out there with the cops but I was just glad Kent was on and nothing BAD happened to him and his friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is one wild night! Glad that he is okay!!!
That's very scary and I'm just so glad he called you and that you guys went and helped. He sounds like a great kid. Hopefully he learned his lesson. So glad the boys were safe and sound. It's a crazy world out there, and very scary to think they were out walking so late at night.
What a night!!
Post a Comment