Monday, October 11, 2010

Very Yummy

I found this on a blog that I ran across when I was looking for cool ideas for snacks for a halloween party my friend is having this weekend and she is always asking me for ideas that I do not have to I figured I would look some up and I hate that I can't remeber where I got it from when I can find it again I will share with you where I got it.


Candy Corn Dessert




Here is a really easy and yummy dessert for Autumn!

Ingredients:
Instant butterscotch pudding
Instant banana cream pudding
Milk
Heavy whipping cream
Sugar
Vanilla extract
Plastic cups
Candy corns

Instructions:
For the bottom layer, mix and follow the directions for the butterscotch pudding and pour immediately into your cups. It should set up within 5 minutes.


While the butterscotch is setting up, mix the banana cream pudding.

Once the first layer is set, pour the banana mix over it.

Now mix your whipping cream. I always start with 1 cup cream, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. It also helps to freeze your bowl and whisk for a few hours ahead of time that you will be using to mix your cream. I'm a BIG believer in using REAL whip cream! NO COOL WHIP!!!

Scoop and spread your whip cream over the banana for your top layer.
Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Garnish the top with some candy corns...




And another cute idea is Halloween trick your child will have no trouble pulling off--turning a ripe banana into a Halloween treat.




Remove any stringy fibers from the peeled banana, then cut it in half widthwise. Push a Popsicle stick into each half through the cut end, then cover each pop with plastic wrap and freeze until firm (about 3 hours).

Next, place a 1.5-ounce piece of white chocolate candy in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high until melted (it generally takes about 1 minute). With a butter knife, spread the melted white chocolate on the frozen banana halves.

Set the pops on a waxed-paper-covered dish. Press on candies or currants for eyes and mouths and return the pops to the freezer until ready to serve

2 comments:

Jill {Sweet Diva} said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.....I love yours! Happily returning the "follow"!!

Anonymous said...

Tag! Your it! Check out my blog! Have a great day!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones