Friday, March 12, 2010

Prayer Request

I am asking you all to please pray for my friends son she is asking for prayers for Saige.


This is Saige





Five years ago he had an Osteochondroma (benign tumor) removed from under his arm. He recently fell jumping hurdles at school and landed on that arm..


This is what my friend posted about her son yesterday! Please keep Saige and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

A year ago he had phnemonia and from last years x-ray to recent this spot has grown. Last year Saige ended up getting phnemonia and when the radiologist looked at his x-rays they noticed a spot. It ended up being where he had that tumor removed. So our doctor called me and asked for me to come back in for x-rays. I reminded her that that was the arm he had surgery and she called the radiologist to tell them about the procedure ... See Morehe had done. We just assumed that it was scar tissue they saw on the x-ray. Then last week while at school he was jumping hurdles in athletics and fell on that arm hurting his shoulder. I decided to take him to the doctor to have it looked at this week. When we were there the doctor had him take off his shirt and was looking at his shoulder and had him raise his arms above his head. When he did I noticed that spot where he had had surgery looked bigger than usual so they took x-rays of his shoulder and she was going to have the radiologist compare x-rays from last year to this year and see if there was any growth. Today for his check up she had the results and it came back that it had grown. His shoulder is still bothering him a bit so we have a CT Scan scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10 and we will know more when the results come in. The tumor he had before looked like a gold ball in his arm pit, it never hurt and he didn't even know it was there. I happened to notice it one night when he was laying in bed and had his arms up over his head. I told him to go show dad and Ryan agreed that it needed to be checked out. He was diagnosed with an Osteochondroma. By the time he had surgery it grown to the size of an apricot. They can grow back. His was a benign tumor. I will keep you updated when I know more..love ya!! Thank you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping this family in our thought and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Praying for this young man and his family hope that things will be on the up and up. Please keep us updated. I have been reading your blog for a really long time and I think it is so cute you have a beautiful family and just to tell you your kids are just beautiful and I think the camera loves them.

chastity said...

Thank you so much for posting this for my son, Saige!! You are a dear sweet friend and I'm so thankful that God allowed our paths to cross. I love you!!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones