Monday, February 22, 2010

NCA Nationals Competition For Cheerleading.




This weekend, Big D hosts the largest National Championship dedicated to All-Star Cheerleaders and Dancers. The NCA /NDA All-Star National Championship is the premier all-star competition of the season and is so large that 5 venues are needed at the Dallas Convention Center to accommodate over 650 teams! The talent at this event is unparalleled as every champion from last year’s Cheerleading Worlds will compete at NCA Nationals this weekend.


So this past weekend we were at NCA Nationals Cheerleading Competition in Dallas this is what they call the Super Bowl of Cheerleading!! I know all 3 of our squads will do AMAZING!! When you hit that floor, I hope you have the BEST 2 minutes and 30 seconds of your life!! Cheer your hearts out and show the world what ACU is made of!!! The firs day was Tough for our youth squad the competition is fierce and we weren't on our "A" game this morning at all. It was still a solid performance but not quite on par with their usual level of execution!! But luckily today is only 20% of the total score, so hopefully they nail it tomorrow!! Ok so more to this story than you will wanna hear but I am still gonna tell you, lol. My friend Amber and I with our two daughters and on of my friends daughter whom is 15 were in pure hell! After getting lost for 45 mins in the ghettos of Dallas on foot amd Amber's hubby Nicky being approached by ppl for money and to buy drugs, we FINALLY make it to Gator's to eat, only to be sat on the roof yes I said the roof where it was FREEZING and we have been stuck up on this roof for over an hour with out food because supposedly there are no tables... inside this place for us to sit.and that sucked for us and the girls cause it sure was on cold night in Dallas on this very night.
It got even worse!! After another half hour of freezing and having no food, we asked the waitress for refills yes we had to ask her for them and we also had to ask how much longer the food would be. I guess that made her mad, at us cause she brought us 2 drinks with huge balls of green slimy stuff in them. And it sure did look like snot! We were so disgusted that we stormed out with I was telling them we weren't paying for ANYTHING! So after a 45 minute walk and 2 hrs on the roof, we ended up with no food. So I see this man with his horse and carriage and asked him how much it would be to take us close to our hotel and McDonalds he said $45.00 and I said I only had $20.00 cause keep in mind we still had to eat somthing after having a hotdog at 12:00 so he said sure I will give you all a ride for $20.00 he gave us a ride to McDonalds near our hotel so we could grab some food and get to bed. Easily one of my worst travel experiences with our dear friends the Hogans! I was so freaked out about thinking we would have to walk back thru the ghettos of downtown Dallas at midnight! But thank you DUDE with the horse you saved the day of some ACU JAGS and parent's on this night..Ok so it is back to day two of the NCA Cheerleading Competition and we have just watched our ACU JAGS rock it out. Next it the wait for the Awards and here is what we got. We got 5th against the BEST of the best teams in the nation! That is AMAZING to be in the top 5! We tied Coach Stacie and ACU's all time record at NCA Nationals! And the really crazy thing is that one of the teams we beat was a complete level 2 youth team who bumped down to level 1 to do better! WTG Jags!!


I thought our SR 3 team has a really good chance of wining this!! To all of our Jags-I love each and every one of you!!


So here is the update from the ACU JAGS home page. February 22nd - When ACU schedules the NCA All-Star Nationals every coach understands that this is the litmus test of where the gym is compared to other gyms around the country. They know that there will be no free ride divisions. They know that the competition will be the best they will see all year. But some where along the way, the athletes loose sight of this and do what great athletes always do. They want to finish first. They don't see that at NCA everyone is a winner. Every team you compete against has won somewhere. So the awards ceremony is not there to pick a winner, it's there to see who get the biggest trophy! Coming in 2nd, 5th or 12th doesn't change anything. You're a winner because you had the guts to push it to the limit, and go head to head against the best of the best.

All year at practice the coaches want one thing from you, your best! When you get to a cheer meet that does not change. They still are asking for the same thing. As a cheerleader, all you can give is your best. No one in cheer or in life can ask for more than your best. So, if you deliver your very best, then no one can take that away from you. Not now not ever!

This weekend all the ACU teams took to the floor. The coaches wanted your best, you wanted 1st place! I can tell you right now, the coaches are overjoyed because they saw you at your best. Don't hang your head because you didn't finish 1st. I didn't see one coach with tears in their eyes. All I saw from the coaches were smiles. If they can smile and feel good about the weekend, then there is no reason you can't. These are the same people that yell, scream, stomp their feet, and kick you square in the keister to motivate you. If you make them smile, then JOB WELL DONE!

So, in the end, the youth team are winners finishing in 5th place, the junior team are winners finishing in 8th place, and the senior team are winners finishing in 6th place. Because the coaches and fans saw you at your best!







1 comment:

Katie said...

I used to that- I've even been in the same competition! I could practically smell the hair spray and feel the intense pressure as I was reading that. To this day, I don't think I've ever experienced that kind of nerve racking pressure that I used to feel when I was an All-Star cheerleader. Somehow I guess I thrived on though, because I was named All-American and in Cheer magazine, haha! Good Luck to your daughter, I hope they do great!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones