Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jr. Rodeo Time!

We'll yesterday was the Jr. Rodeo in Greenwood and the kids wanted to go Kent wanted to ride in it and Skylar said momma I really want to ride but it is way to hot so she decided to watch while her brother rode a calf for the first time and he was in the barrels event and also the poles event. It was the cuties thing ever that came out of Kent's 10 year old boys mouth he said since I have never road a calf before do you ride it bare back or do they saddle it up like a horse I was about to die laughing I had to hold it in I wasn't sure if he was for real or not.. I said you ride it bare back you just hold on to the rope and ride he said OK I'll try well up on the calf Kent went and out the shoot he came he went on the side of the calf and fell off and he got stepped on he hit pretty hard I thought that he was going to cry boy I sure would have. Kent did a great job for his first time he stayed on 2.4 sec. I didn't get that great of pictures from behind the shoots with the gate in the way I wanted to be to where just in case if anything bad were to happen I could get to him quick! Kent got up and dusted his self off and he said boy am I going to be sore. Kent in the process of ridding the calf got stepped on and he has a big bruse to prove he rode a calf.

Next the had the calf scramble and Lil Miss Skylar and Corrie went out we'll you see Corrie said she was going to get out there and chase the claf with Skylar and it was so cute to see all these kids running around chasing that poor lil calf Skylar got really close once or twice she gave it her all that is for sure she was out there in her flip flops and all!

They also had a pig scramble as they call it with lil babie pig so stinkin cute I was hoping the kids would get one of them cause you see if you catch it you get to keep it that would have been something fun for the kids to have and take care of from a baby on not to sure how the horses would have liked it if they would have cought them lol!































No comments:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones