Sunday, November 16, 2014
Surreal moment
I stopped by and picked up the study guide for Skylar awhile back to get her driver's permit. Is it really possible that my little baby girl is almost 14 years old? Where does time go? Why do they have to grow up so fast. Makes me want to cry a little.
If you're like me, you couldn't wait to get your license when you turned sixteen. And I was fortunate enough to have all of my driver's education out of the way by my sixteenth birthday so that on the day in question I was able to go down to the DMV and get my license.
Flash forward a couple of decades and my own daughter was fast approaching driving age. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly breathless with anticipation over the thought of turning my daughter loose on the roads by herself just yet. We have been letting her practice for about 11 mo with driving on back roads and in the pasture at my parents house on their farm only because her daddy wants her to be fully aware of all things driving before she takes her test for her permit.. and I can say she is REALLY a good driver thanks to her daddy. She has a few years still before she turns 16 but I can say this she has gone on to become one of the safest and most responsible drivers I know at the age of 13. She has been studying her guide book so that when she turns 14 she can get her driving permit and that will be a happy and sad moment for this momma just another milestone my daughter is crossing. Skylar is only 4 month away from getting her driving permit and I'm about to have a heart attack about it. I know she is ready but this momma isn't ready for my baby girl to be growing up so fast..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment