
We were outed by a five year old
I finally got to see Harry Potter yesterday afternoon!! It was freakin' fan-ta-stic, but that's not the point.
So there we were munching on our super buttery popcorn, waiting for the flick to start. The lights go down and I automatically pull a king size candy bar out of my purse, take half and give the other half to my friend just as she pulls two bottles of soda out of her bag and passes one to me.
I wait for a loud moment to camouflage the inevitable loud fizzing sound of my bottle opening. Apparently my timing was a tad off because right after I opened my bottle, from behind me I hear a little kid loudly say
'M-o-o-o-m, they brought snacks in their bag. You said it wasn't allowed.'
to which their lovely Mother replied
'Honey, it's not allowed. They are just being dishonest.'
I smirk to my self and plan to just ignore her barb, but good old bestie, with a sly grin on turned around and told the little guy
'No, we're just sneaky.'
And then we went on enjoying the movie, which really was amazing.
OK, be honest...we can't be the only two people who sneak our treats into the theater, right?
It's not like I snuck in a burrito or a hoagie or something {both of which I have seen snuck into a theater before}...just a little bit o' candy and drink. No biggie.
Oh, and what were your thoughts on the final Potter flick?
2 comments:
Oh wow, I can't believe the mom would say that! The whole movie experience can be so expensive so I while I do buy drinks there I always bring my own candy. I just can't spend 2 bucks on a package of m & m's when I can get them for 50 cents at the grocery store!
First, thanks for the sweet compliment on the house! Secondly, if I didn't sneak my candy in, I couldn't afford to go! Movies are WAY to expensive and the candy is too! :)
Post a Comment