For those of you who did not see my play by play updates on facebook of Skylar's first day of 4TH grade, here's some pics. (Yes. I am that mom. Did you really expect otherwise?)
The first day of school never gets old. For some adults, it may seem like the movie Groundhog Day, where everyday repeats itself. When I was a student, I could hardly sleep the night before school because I was so excited about seeing my friends and meeting my new teachers.
The years, they’ve gone so quickly.
In the blink of an eye —- that little girl who would tiptoe into our bedroom in the middle of the night toting pink, her little lamb, and stand close enough to my slumbering body that I could smell her sweet little girl breath, as she would wait for the middle-of-the-night- to come into-bed-between David and me for the duration of the night. And when she was a little bit late, which wasn't to often. I would wake and wonder where that snuggle bunny was. I remember that first day of Kindergarten, standing on the sidewalk as the class formed a pathetic resemblance of a line to cross the threshhold to what would be the beginning of decades of education. I stood with a friend, she, too, sending her daughter into the school, both of us in tears our girls are in the 4th grade it makes me so sad to see my baby grow up so fast. Soon to be middle school then high school I don't know if I can take it... :(
Your Daddy & I love you Skylar Leigh and pray you have a great year of school as a
4th grader! We will be thinking about you and we can't wait to hear all about your day.
1 comment:
They grow up fast!
Post a Comment