Skylar,
Poof Your 11!!
From This

To This..

in what seems like 0 to 60 in no time flat.
Look at you, you are growing up so fast @ age 11 today Sept 30 2011... Because of that, I suppose I should write some sappy hearts and flowers post about how it is hard to believe that 11 years ago on this very day, you my sweetie face little sun shine dumpling with cheeks so cute your Aunt JENNIFER wanted to bite them, off when you was born.
Right, then. Let’s get started shall we?
To Skylar my tiny dictator, who I wouldn’t have any other way. I love everything about you, no matter what I may say under clenched teeth and furrowed brow. I love your big brown eyes that mirror your daddy's. I love your beautiful smile and your sweetness, your thoughtfulness, your kind heart.. I must say, a bit envious. You have the most infectious laugh so forgive me if I cannot stop tickling you even at age 11 tha I just do it because I just have to hear it over and over again. It is truly music to my ears.
You make me stop and really examine life on a wide and small scope. Through you, I actually do stop and smell flowers and other things we adults might take for granted in our scheduled lives. I cannot hold you close enough. The scent of your hair after a bath is one of my all-time favorites now. Each day you show me love and my grinchy heart grows bigger. I appreciate more with you around and you teach me so much. I appreciate and love your father more as well.
It is a pleasure being your mother and one that I am grateful for every day. To see your fathers’ wicked smile and his daring sense of self in you is a treat. I admire your courage and knack you have for getting what you want. You will not be ignored even when we want to because you are running around the house yelling!”
Happy Birthday To My Tiny Dictator, we are blessed to have you in our lives,
I think I could write about you all day on your special day...I love you to the moon and back....
I cannot believe you are 11 years old today. You, my miracle baby that was a surprise and blessing to all of us. You were such a little fighter in the womb and still to this day. They told us to prepare to lose you when you stopped growing. But you had a mind of your own and knew that you had a place in this world. You fought. And when I say you fought baby girl you fought hard. You began to grow and you came to us @ 30 weeks which you were 4 weeks early @ 2pds 13oz. You just snuggled in with your daddy in his arms the first day we got to hold you. So many people love you so much your daddy and I and your grandparents, your brothers your Aunts and Uncles cousins and all your friends and rest of the family it's like as if you had always been a part of us.
You are the dream daughter I never thought I would have. You're the continuation of generations of women who love to live, laugh and love. You may be Daddy's little girl, but you and I have a bond that is unbreakable and unshakable. When you look into my eyes I wonder how in the world one person can love and trust me so much. I want to be the Mom you see when you look at me that way. In you I see my future and my past. I see all the wonderful things ahead of you. In our relationship, I see the full circle love that I had with my own Mom and it makes me eternally grateful that you are my daughter. My girl.
I have watched you grow from a sweet tiny mirical baby to a fun loving toddler to the amazing 5th grader you are today. Every step of the way I have cherished you and your life. The gift that you are to this entire family. I know you were sent here to do so many things in this world. And you are only 11!
With you, I learned how to slow down and enjoy motherhood with more ease. I learned to worry less about "should do's" and live more in the moment. With you, I learned how that ice cream for dinner every now and then is good for the soul. With you, I realized I want to be the person you see when you look into my eyes.
Today, as you turn 11, I wouldn't be anywhere else in the world...except with you.
I love you more than you know. And remember our pinky promise: Best friends--even when you are a teenager. (I am holding you to that.)
Some Birthday Wishes:
I cannot imagine my life with out you. You were our missing piece to the puzzle. We love you so very much. If someone would of told me 11 years ago that I would have the honor of being a mother to a little girl as perfect as you I would of laughed out loud. You are so special and don't ever forget that. Skylar, my list could go on and on. There are so many wonderful things about you. We love you with all our heart. You are God's gift to our family. You have brought us more joy then you could ever know. You are funny, smart, witty, caring, gentle and beautiful both inside and out!
Dream Big, Never Give Up on Your Dreams, Laugh a lot, Let Your Greatness Shine, Make a Difference, Be Happy and Happy 11th Birthday
Happy Birthday, my sweet, sweet girl.
Love, You Always and forever...
Mom









1 comment:
Happy Birthday to your girl - she is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog. We live in Rogers (moved here just 3 months ago) and are loving Arkansas so far. So nice to "meet" you!
Post a Comment