Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ATHLETIC CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! ACU JAGS are to be FEARED!!!

February 15Th, 2010



We'll I will just start this post off with I had a great Valentine's Day I got to spend it with my loving family in Hot Springs this weekend @ our daughters Cheer Competition. Although there was a lot of DRAM at this cheer comp. it was still a great time with my family. Let's see what to start with to tell you all about this weekend it was one of the wildest weekends thus far first another team thought that we were cheating by bringing a bigger squad but you see we decided to do this back in November. It is hard to get into all this but another team STOLE yes I did say stole our routine so we are un able to have our videos posted for our friends and family to see on our home page for our cheer team www.acujags.com The Hocott's have had to spend the past several hours doing a lock down as they call it of our video's they even had to go as far as taking them off other sites seeing how you can't lock them down that is just a shame for it to have to come to this point

Below is what Keith posted on the home page of ACU about all of our teams this week


With that out of the way, I can do what I normally do here, and that is praise the ACU teams for great performances, and that is easy to do this week. All the teams were just excellent this weekend. I can't say enough about all of them. The week included almost perfect performances from everyone. maybe not both days, but every team put up a awesome performance on one day or the other. In fact, I think I overused the work 'AWESOME' in my twitter posts all weekend!

The event started out with a big bang as the new youth level 1 (on steroids) took to the floor for a performance that rocked the house. My line for this week was going to be "shock and awe", but the secret leaked out before the weekend, so it became just "awe". The floor was full of youth age kids. In fact, it was so full, that you could hardly watch the entire performance at one time without missing something (you have to watch the video). With only 12 hours of practice time, (that's right - 12 hours... not a misprint) this team pulled off a feat that has never been done by an ACU team before, and that was not only winning their division for a national championship, but also out scoring everyone in level 1 to bring home a trophy that was twice as tall as the kids themselves for a Athletic Championship Grand National Championship! I couldn't help but enjoy the celebration of this bunch as they jumped up and down in the middle of the stage. I have to give a shout out to Jake. That chicken strut you did across the stage during that time had me rolling. All I have is a photo. I wish I had it on video so everyone could see it. It was classic!

The senior team, who came into this competition with a mission, was not going to be denied. Their first day performance was as good as routine as they have put together in several years. I have said several times this season that when this team hits on all cylinders, there is no one locally who can stay with them and a limited number in the country. I stood in awe the first day as their routine unfolded. You could see the look in their eyes that this was it. No one was going to beat them, and that was the case as they held on during the second day to bring home a national title of their own. Afterwards, it was all smiles and a few looks of relief, because it has been a hard season up to now. I knew you could do it. Now you need to perform your day one routine in Hot Springs even better for two days straight in Dallas to accomplish what you want to do. Those jackets are waiting... Do you have what it takes????

The junior team had great performances both days, and this is where most of the drama from the weekend started. As I said earlier, I am taking the high ground here, so no talk of the events that lead up to the video fiasco. Just know that the junior team was spot on with their routine and looked as good as ever both days. In fact, the second day was the best they have ever done in my humble opinion. But it wasn't good enough and they ended up in 3rd. This is the first loss of the season for this team, and I know there are several fans and cheerleaders who have all sorts of axes to grind, but let me tell you, this is a good group and an excellent routine. You need to forget about this loss and move on, because NCA is this coming weekend and your best on both days will be needed to just stay in the hunt. This past weekend will not help you get ready for the teams you have to see this weekend. If you haven't had a chance to see the schedule you can see it here. If you look at the teams on this list, you will notice that they don't need to scout you to beat you, they will beat you on their own. Perfection is the only way to stay with them, so sulking over Hot Springs will just get you clobbered in Dallas! Don't let that happen!

As you can tell I am pumped for the NCA All-Star Nationals next weekend in Dallas. I expect great things from all the teams. But it will take perfection. For kids that have never been to this competition before, you will see what I am talking about. This is the biggest thing you have ever been in. There will be teams there from all over the world and they all want the same thing! But only perfection get the jackets!!!! So, until next weekend work hard and get ready for a battle!



With this being said here are some pictures from this weekend.






































No comments:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones